Friday, March 19, 2010

Fred's Team and the 2010 NYC Half Marathon

Once upon a time, I tried to do good. I was very involved in the New York City School Volunteer Program and helped coached little league as I was involved in the Police Athletic League. Sadly in the last 5 years, my community service activity became little more than taking my wallet out so I could enter my credit card and the authorization code, as I watched others walk, ran, and biked to raise funds for causes such as Lou Gehrig's disease, cancer, and multiple sclerosis.

So this year I decided to do something different. As it was the 30th year since my maternal grandfather's passing, I wanted to raise money the grassroots way for charity. So, 30 of my friends and family are running with me in spirit on Sunday and are at the same time supporting the Aubrey Fund for Pediatric Cancer Research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Thanks to my generous friends Aaron, Alec, Ammar, Beau, Brad, Brian, Chris, Colin, Elke, Eric, Gloria, Greg, Hari, John, Julie, Martin, Matt, Michelle, Prerak, Raj, Russ, Ryan, Sophia, Vivek, Warden, my cousins Alex, Eray, Fuphan, and Da-Tren, my sister Debbie, and my wife Linda for raising over $2000 and helping Fred's Team raise $130,000 (as of March 15) for the race.

We are all running on Sunday in memory of those who have the lost to fight for cancer and hoping that one day there will be no more losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment